Creating an impressive impression and greeting the visitors at the heart of Pathanamthitta town’s the prestigious institution Mary Matha Public School stands as the luminous star in the galaxy of schools orbiting the Pathanamthitta town. Mary Matha Public School was founded on 7th June 2002 by CMC, Amala Province of Kanjirapally Diocese. Mary Matha Public School is under the management of Amala Educational and Cultural Charitable Trust, a registered body run by the CMC (Congregation of the Mother of Carmel) Sisters of Amala Province, Kanjirapally. Mary Matha Public School is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) New Delhi, which follows text books and guidelines of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
The School is under the management of Amala Charitable Trust, a registered body; run by the C.M.C sisters (Congregation of Mother of Carmel).The congregation has been rendering human service in the field of education all over the world. Physical development, intellectual working and spiritual formation are the three divisional aspects of our educational apostolate. The congregation considered school as an effective agent in promoting the integral formation of the child regardless of religion, nationality or race in order to shape a better human society.
Since “Fear of God is the Beginning of Wisdom” the school takes to instill in the hearts of students trust in god and faith in spiritual values. The school aims at forming leaders who are intellectually competent, spiritually mature, morally upright, psychologically integrated, physically healthy and socially acceptable, who will champion the cause of justice, love, truth and peace and who are even open to further growth. The school prepares students for the All India Secondary School Examination (AISSCE) conducted by the CBSE.
The CMC vision of education consists of the integral formation of human person for the fulfillment of his/her individual and social responsibilities in the spirit of Christ. Strengthened by the divine love and motivated to show this love we dedicate ourselves at "forming the future generation" intellectually & physically for a mature vision of life. We also aim the holistic education for individual and social transformation by Academic Excellence psychological soundness and ethical sensitivity. The school prepares the student to meet the challenges of life and moulds them into better citizens. It a congenial & caring atmosphere for the students to pursue their interests, be it literary, athletic or other cultural activity.
Hallmarks of Mary Matha
• Value based life
• Child Friendly Climate
• Wholesome Personality
• Academic Distinction
• Athletic Distinction
• Eco Friendly Campus
CMC Educational Ethos
• To keep yourself and your surroundings clean. It is a reflection of your inner self.
• To complete with yourself, and not with others, to achieve more and better, to stretch your potential a little further, the maximum that you can. Remember the sky is not the limit, only you can limit yourself.
• To know God the creator, to accept this God to enjoy the creations in the universe and to appreciate the beauty and goodness in the universe.
• To pray to the Almighty to give you the strength to achieve the things you can, and the serenity to accept what you cannot, and above all the wisdom to know the difference.
• That Education is not only the training to read and write; rather it is training the young mind to read the truth.
• That this great universe and all it contains is the creation of the Almighty; and nothing happens in the universe without His Knowledge and consent, however, unfathomable His ways may be. Hence, man should endeavor to work in tune with the nature and the Almighty. Do not pollute nature but keep the ecological balance.